January 2, 2008

Night Owl

We bought a new coffee pot over the holidays. Our last coffee pot was such a drag to use. It leaked 2 cups worth of coffee on the counter, it spit steam and spray everywhere, and I swear it brewed cold coffee, or at least lukewarm. It got to the point where I didn't even want to turn it on, which is really remarkable for a caffeine junkie like myself. But now, armed with a new coffee pot that brews an entire pot of steaming hot caffeine, I'm back to drinking a pot a day, and as a result I have been staying up until 4 am.

Staying up to the wee hours of the morning has actually been fun. I've been using the time to clean, obsessively organize, and write for a new blog that I'll share when it's ready. When I wake up tired and dragging ass the next day, I just brew a new pot of coffee. I'm sure it isn't very healthy or sustainable, but right now I'm enjoying this unfamiliar energy.
I feel almost like I'm in college again.

No comments: